Skip to main content

When Two Worlds Collide...

We’re caught in the middle… my mom is a Kadazan and my in-laws are Chinese… my mom said I cannot consume wined chicken soup until Kyle is a month old or when his umbilical cord falls down. My in-laws are adamant that I consume wined chicken soup for the whole confinement month. It boggles the mind why mom is suddenly against the wine??? I didn’t have this problem during my eldest son *I love the sound of that – my eldest son*… I know I’m fully breastfeeding and the probability of Kyle getting the ‘lihing’ in his blood is high but I did read in the internet that the alcohol might evaporate when they’re cooked… I see Kyle is active from time to time and lucid… his big eyes looking at me asking things that I cannot decipher yet… I’m no mind-reader…

Que sera sera… What ever will be will be…
My mum requested to be sent home today because she can't stand witnessing her daughter consuming the 'soup'... *Loud sigh*... I'm tired thinking of pleasing both parents... I just told mum if she wants to go home then I will not stop her. I know I can take care of both myself and Baby Kyle. I just have to be carefull not to get wind in me etc...
Kyle's Umbilicall cord fell down when he was 6 days old and the next day, mum's mouth none stop talking about why his navel is not dried up yet then she started blaming the soup. She said that the soup is the cause of why Kyle's navel is red and wet... I couldn't stand it anymore so I drove Mum, Baby Kyle and myself to KKS just to pacify her. Nurse Jaria was very nice. She told us that it's common that the navel is wet and she guessed that it will be dried up in a day or two. Just keep on cleaning the navel with alcohol... She also checked whether Kyle has jaundice and Thank Our Good Lord that he doesn't... Breastfeeding helps!!! Kyle's weight is approximately 3.74kgs... Goodie!!!

I know mum means well and she only wants the best for me and my baby but it really gets me when out of the blue she will say stuff that really cut deep in my heart...
Did few readings:-



Baby Kyle @ 8 Days Old



My wonderful Mom with her 24th GrandChild

Comments

That makes me the 1st grandchild of Odu!!!!

If I have my second one...I'm going to do all by myself...I Hope I can cope...

B, Kyle is so cute...he got the kadazan loook!!!
angelicbug said…
Kyle is gorgeous!

I know how u feel and I only have my mom to please.
KaDusMama said…
last time i also like that..
last2 tensen, teda lihing langsung in my soup..hahahah!! my mom yang masak, mentua diam2 jak.. :)
carolchs said…
hmm susah juga kan..conflicting ideas.
i thought the kadazans are okay with sup lihing during confinement? only the first few days ja cannot, scared the baby will get jaundice or something like that.
msLabadin said…
Gal, I know you can do it!!! They say mcm Calvin the look.

Lala, susah ohhh kan mo please please people...

Tieeee, nasib ur in-laws yg diam2 punya... my inlaws pun diam2 juga but my savo yg masak and yg mo kasi tuli itu telinga is me.

Caro, itulah yg mengherankan sy ni... my first born tiada juga bising2 mcm ni... don't know why my mum suddenly ada change itu heart...
Mama UauaMomoi said…
CONGRATULATIONs on your new addition!
And Selamat Bercuti...

I know how u feel. When I had my 1st born my mom take care of me and I did become depressed sometimes. But with my 2nd and 3rd, I only have my "confinement man" a.k.a hubby to help around the house plus MIL to mind the other kids once in a while - and I think I did fine - or maybe even better. I guess when we become a mom we all want the best for our children.
msLabadin said…
Lis, you hit the right spot!!! Thanks for sharing...

Popular posts from this blog

doodling...

My leave application has been approved: yeah… I have my long awaited ME-time tomorrow. I’ve longed for a facial and a thorough session of mani/pedi… that’s the reason why I’m here doodling my thoughts in the virtual web as my mind is already on tomorrow. There are thousands of stuff happened since my last entry: when was it again? Yeah about almost a month ago… tomorrow April of 2010 comes knocking. Life has been really good to me. I’ve been a busy wife, mom and employee… I wished I could jot down everything that had happened for me to look back, reminisce and maybe laugh about the experience and the lesson learnt but I’m just plain lazy now… I’ll let you know one thing: I’ve come to my own conclusion that I actually don’t give a rat-ass about what people outside the circle of my life think about me… gossips and hearsays are often hurtful but why want to bother? I should have followed my gut instinct and just don’t bother because the more I explained, things worsen *I felt* so it’s muc...

What we had for lunch yesterday...

nyummy nyumy

Lukas Graham - Funeral

"Funeral" When it's my time, I know you'll tailor a new suit for me And buy a new tie, so I'll look this good Boy, you were right You said only them good ones die young Never in my life did I look this good Everyone welcome to my funeral Everyone I know better be wasted You know I would pour one up Cause the way I lived, it was amazing Uh-uh-uh All of my friends are in the room Uh-uh-uh Party for me - I'd party too You're all on my tab Bartenders pour out the whiskeys on me And don't be so sad Cause I lived this good We were closer Now it's over Oh it doesn't mean it's closure I see you and I love you I'll be watching out above you Everyone welcome to my funeral Everyone I know better be wasted You know I would pour one up Cause the way I lived, it was amazing Uh-uh-uh All of my friends are in the room Uh-uh-uh Party for me - I'd party too Uh-uh-uh All of my friends are in the room Uh-uh-uh Party for me - I'd party too Every...