Skip to main content

WHY?

Please tell me why:-

1) son doesn’t listen to me
2) son is trying my patience

We had a get-together at mum’s house last Saturday and I was so embarrassed with son’s miss-behavior… He spitted and hit his cousins… I felt like pulling my hairs… Hunky punished son by ordering son to stay put beside him. Son was crying and pleading but hubby was adamant. We went home early about 8.30pm. Upon arriving home, I bathed him again and he had a crashing set-down from me while I was scrubbing, soaping and washing him… I felt my heart twisted. I just don’t know why he can’t behave???

Yesterday at Church, he miss-behave again… I can take it when he pulled my hair but when the spitting and hitting me started, anger consumed me… I waited patiently until the mass ended. I half carried him to the car and sat him down and ‘plap’ my hand connected to his smooth face… I think I slapped him a few times and he cried. I told him the reason why I slapped him. I was frustrated… Hunky was also frustrated.

Last night, he spitted at me again and again his smooth baby face was slapped… He covered his face and my hand slapped his legs… He was crying and crying. Again I told him why I slapped him… After a few minutes, he tried to get away from me and I pulled him in-front of me. Sensing that I mean business and I couldn’t be swayed this happened:-

Son: Mom, I’m sorry.
Me: Why are you sorry?
Son: because bla bla bla *I couldn’t comprehend his baby talk*, I’m sorry. I love you mommy…
Me: No. You must know why you are saying sorry to mummy. Why mummy is angry at you?
Son: because I spit on mummy.
Me: Yes. Promise mummy you don’t spit on mummy or anybody again. *I held out my pinkie*
Son: I promise *we sealed our promise by lacing our pinkies briefly together*

Help me please… I’m really at my wits’ end… My sisters and brothers told me that it’s only a phase… My M/FIL said the same thing. They said son will behave once he starts school… I hoped so… I feel so bad… I’m so flunking at this parenting thing… sobSobsobSob

Comments

Sindut said…
All of us Moms go through this phase ya... You're lucky he apologised after some time. The more I spank mine, the more aggressive they get! I learned a long time ago that spanking is not the answer for me and I lose more hair going about the "calm" way.

Anyway, I get a lot of sound advice from here:
http://parentcenter.com
mrBadak said…
B, last time Jordan also had this problem but lasted only a few weeks. He was upset at something and spat on me while I was drivng. Punya marah sia, I nearly slapped him but didn't. I asked him to take his hanky and cleaned my face. We also had a one-to-one talked with him - nasib juga la he controlled his behaviour. Check out other parents' rants here and hopefully u get some ideas how to confront it: http://www.babycenter.com/400_my-toddler-spits-when-hes-angry-how-can-i-get-him-to-underst_500502_1001.bc
KaDusMama said…
My son and daughter kadang2 betanding sepa pandai spit banyak2 nie..tapi kalau sudah start spitting at each other, memang sia meradang lah..selalu sia lumpakis the mouth..nangis tu memang nangis..! but lama2 dorang tia berani buat sudah..
I don't think there is a phase pasal budak spitting nie..what you have to do is, explain to ur son yang spitting ni rude..and nobody like rude people / boy..say next time, suma orang tia suka with him because he acting rude to everybody..i think, lama2 dia paham juga tu..sabar saja lah!! ini lah challenge jadi mommy nie kan..
msLabadin said…
Dear Sindut, Badak n TT,

Thank you moms and Dad, I will read and hafal the contents of the links you've provided me...

I've read somewhere before that spanking is not the solution and yeah I did try to reason with him. That was what I did last saturday before the father took charge. I brought him to my mom's spare bedroom and told him that I'm punishing him because he miss-behave with his hitting and spatting. I closed the door leaving him alone in the darkened room... You know what he did??? He locked the door from the inside,... sakit jantung saya :-s My hubby marah sudah he thought he need to break down the door sudah... sapat2 saya ask son to open the door and nasip dia pandai buka itu kunci... so I went inside and pulled him to a corner... I told him that this is the naughty corner and he needs to stand there and think of what he had done... I told him that people doesn't like to be spitted and hit by him furthermore if he continues doing so, no one will want to be-friend him... I told him all those... but Noooo.... he pandai2 menginci-inci himself mau kluar... last2 the daddy masuk and angkat him kluar... slow talk sama dia tapi sama juga... I didn't slap him that saturday nor did hubby... we tried to reason with him... when we told him that we're going home he was crying and told us that he will behave and hubby said it's already too late to say sorry... so that was that... maybe all the incidents since that last saturday has loosen my anger and my hand easily contacted his face... I feel sooooooo bad :((

if Jordan lasted for a few weeks so ok it has only been like four days with the spitting ... fingers crossed that we can tame this lion of mine...
olla... ingat lagi sama sa?? hehe.. hmm, take your time kio.. my son (now 3) cakap 'sorri mommy' like almost 50 kali sehari... betul bah. lepas mandi dia ulang2 lah tu. mau tidur... dia ulang2 lah tu. bangun pagi, mau pegi toilet pun ... sama. mungkin dia takut sa marah bah. hmm.. motherhood kan.. bah! take care kio!!
msLabadin said…
Hi Elcynthia! Of 'coz I remember u... berjumpa juga kita in d virtual website kan!!!

Popular posts from this blog

doodling...

My leave application has been approved: yeah… I have my long awaited ME-time tomorrow. I’ve longed for a facial and a thorough session of mani/pedi… that’s the reason why I’m here doodling my thoughts in the virtual web as my mind is already on tomorrow. There are thousands of stuff happened since my last entry: when was it again? Yeah about almost a month ago… tomorrow April of 2010 comes knocking. Life has been really good to me. I’ve been a busy wife, mom and employee… I wished I could jot down everything that had happened for me to look back, reminisce and maybe laugh about the experience and the lesson learnt but I’m just plain lazy now… I’ll let you know one thing: I’ve come to my own conclusion that I actually don’t give a rat-ass about what people outside the circle of my life think about me… gossips and hearsays are often hurtful but why want to bother? I should have followed my gut instinct and just don’t bother because the more I explained, things worsen *I felt* so it’s muc...

What we had for lunch yesterday...

nyummy nyumy

Lukas Graham - Funeral

"Funeral" When it's my time, I know you'll tailor a new suit for me And buy a new tie, so I'll look this good Boy, you were right You said only them good ones die young Never in my life did I look this good Everyone welcome to my funeral Everyone I know better be wasted You know I would pour one up Cause the way I lived, it was amazing Uh-uh-uh All of my friends are in the room Uh-uh-uh Party for me - I'd party too You're all on my tab Bartenders pour out the whiskeys on me And don't be so sad Cause I lived this good We were closer Now it's over Oh it doesn't mean it's closure I see you and I love you I'll be watching out above you Everyone welcome to my funeral Everyone I know better be wasted You know I would pour one up Cause the way I lived, it was amazing Uh-uh-uh All of my friends are in the room Uh-uh-uh Party for me - I'd party too Uh-uh-uh All of my friends are in the room Uh-uh-uh Party for me - I'd party too Every...