This is so true for me as well… I’m one of the KDM who uses the Bazaar version of the Kadazan Language… How sad is that??? And they say “Jangan Salahkan Ibu Mengandung.” Well I am blaming my mom for my incompetence. Now she’s doing the same thing to my son… I have numerous times requested mum to speak Kadazan to my son but no she speaks to him in English… duh betul…I can utter a few words of Kadazan and that’s about it… I have no sense of its grammar at all… I attempted to speak Kadazan during my wedding reception thanking my mom for all that she has done for me but I don’t think I successfully conveyed my deepest appreciation to her because my Kadazan was ‘tunggang tabalik’… Looking back, I think my mum just nodded her head without understanding what I blab about and accepting the bouquet of roses that we presented to her… dang…
I know that hope is not lost for me. I can always enroll myself in such program as this. I’ll make a promise that I will but someday…
Comments